It can be worrying to be investigated by a regulatory body or prosecution department with the possible consequences of a considerable fine or in some situations imprisonment. The assistance of a professional in these situations is of great importance. Our expert solicitors specialise in defending clients accused of regulatory and professional breaches and have many years’ experience in giving sound advice and representation from initial interviews to prosecutions at Court. Our solicitors are members of the Health and safety lawyers association, UK environmental law association and attend courses by the Road Haulage Association.
Our professional regulatory team provides advice and representation to practitioners in all areas of regulatory practice. If your trade or profession is regulated by a professional body and you are the subject of a complaint then we can help you.
- We can assist you with the initial investigation process to include negotiation with your regulator and independent investigation where appropriate.
- We can represent your interests before fitness to practice panels and professional conduct committees.
- We are also experienced in representing professional practitioners facing criminal prosecutions including allegations of fraudulent activities, assault and religious/racial intolerance within the work place.
- We are aware that any allegations involving your profession can be extremely distressing and we will work very hard to minimise anxiety and to bring the matter to a conclusion as smoothly and quickly as possible.
If you wish to speak to one of our experts without obligation contact us immediately. We provide advice around the clock and pride ourselves as being the leading providers of legal services in the region. At Gamlins we understand that there are many pitfalls in the running of a haulage business, not least the complex regulations prosecuted by VOSA. We are able to offer companies and individuals who find themselves under an investigational prosecution expert legal advice and representation.
Interviews Under Caution
We will assist with any interview under caution at VOSA premises across the region so as to try and avoid any prosecution or mitigate any future proceedings.
Representation at Court
We will represent you or your employees at Court by providing expert advice and advocacy at trial or in mitigation.
Having acted for multi national hauliers and self employed individuals we understand and tailor our expert service to your needs.
If you are concerned about any pending VOSA investigation or if you wish to speak with one of our experts without obligation contact us without delay. We provide advice around the clock and pride ourselves as being the leading provider to the legal services in the region. An increasing number of prosecutions are being brought against companies under Health & Safety Legislation. The consequences can be devastating including substantial financial penalties and even imprisonment.
Preventative Advice and Training
It is vital that an organisation has the correct health & safety policies in place.
We provide a consultancy service whereby we can advise you on your existing health & safety systems and carry out a legal audit.
We are also able to put together training programmes and seminars to suit all needs.
We can provide expert advice throughout the investigation process including representation during any interview (be it under caution or not) and conduct an independent investigation where appropriate.
Thankfully, not all health & safety breaches result in a court case but in the cases that do proceed to court we have experienced solicitors at hand to safeguard your interests and forcefully put forward your position.
If you wish to speak to one of our experts without obligation, contact us immediately we provide advice around the clock and pride ourselves as being the leading providers of legal services in the region. Environmental prosecutions are increasing at a rapid pace following changes in environmental legislation over recent years.
Environmental & Legislation
The consequence of environmental breaches for you and your business could involve a substantial fine, the payment of high court costs and even imprisonment.
If you or your business is subject to an investigation or prosecution, we can help. Our team of solicitors have many years of experience in environmental prosecutions and will help guide you through the investigation process including representation during any interview under caution. Our aim will always be to try and avoid prosecution, but in the cases where a prosecution is brought, we have expert solicitors at hand to represent you at court.
It is vital that your interests are protected from the onset of an investigation by the Environment Agency, so please contact us without delay.
If you wish to speak to one of our experts without obligation contact us immediately. We provide advice around the clock and pride ourselves as being the leading providers of legal services in the region. We are the leading law firm in the region for defending prosecutions by the local authority against companies and individuals.
Our expertise extends to defending cases of alleged:
- Counterfeit goods
- Breaches of regulations relating to Agriculture (eg movement offences)
- Trademark and Copyright infringements
- Breaches of Abatement Notice/alleged Nuisance
- Breaches of building enforcement notices
Our expert team has many years of experience in providing a quality service to our clients across North Wales and the North West. We can advise on the following matters;
- Making applications for an operator’s licence and premises licence.
- Making applications for variations of an operator’s licence and premises licence.
- Defending prosecutions for alleged breaches of licence.
- Licensing applications for off-licences, pubs, clubs, restaurants, and hotels.
- Extending and amending existing premises licences.
- Defending closure orders, breach cases and making appeals.
We represent clients with many types of businesses to include;
- Caravan Parks
- Amusement arcade and gaming machines
- Public houses and Nightclub
- Restaurants and Hotels