We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint, please contact Mr. S. Williams, our Client Care Partner. You can write to him at: 31-37 Russell Road, Rhyl, Denbighshire LL18 3DB or you can telephone him on 01745 343500.
Mr. Williams will pass your complaint to the partner in charge of the department involved in your complaint.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 4 days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within three days of receiving your complaint.
3. We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within fourteen days of your reply.
4. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
- We may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 14 days.
- We may examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. We may then ask them for more information. This will take up to 10 days from receiving their reply and the file.
5. We may invite you to meet the Head of Department to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 14 days of receiving all the details we need from the member of staff who acted for you.
6. Within 7 days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within 14 days of us completing our investigation.
7. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision within 14 days.
8. We will let you know the result of the review within 14 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and expressing our reasons. We will give you the name and address of The Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.